Campaign Operations Lead
Full Time / Part Time
£35k – 50k pro rata (depending on experience)
Fixed term, potential for permanent - starting October 2017 for a minimum of 3-6 months
More United’s model of driving change through focusing on shared values over party boundaries has captured a national mood frustrated by tribalism, worried about populism and which demands better politics. We’ve quickly established a strong base of 100,000 supporters and a group of 34 supported MPs in Parliament, and have built a strategy to transform politics.
We are now at a very exciting stage, where we want to deliver our first impact to supporters and MPs. You will be responsible for making the most of the support we’ve established, delivering a high profile public campaign victory that establishes the validity of our model. You will work closely with our CEO and Board and co-ordinate the team to deliver our strategy.
You will own the relationship with supporters and individual MPs who champion our campaigns. You will own the delivery and outcome of the next phase of More United’s development.
- Lead our first high profile campaign(s) linking MPs we backed and our supporters in values-driven activity
- Liaise with team and MPs to find positions MU can effectively support to deliver tangible impact at Parliamentary level.
- Identify opportunities for online and offline activation at a local and national level.
- Organise Supporters to take actions that will help deliver this tangible impact.
- Manage messaging and communications
- Engage media. Ensure there is a clear message about the policy and More United’s role in driving the action that delivers impact.
- Codify the lessons from this initial activity
- Record what works and what doesn’t work. Investigate and understand what the key role of More United is in the campaign, which is hard to replicate.
- Driven by delivery. Able to work with a desired outcome and get it done.
- Self starting. Able to instigate action and inspire others to follow.
- Campaign focused. Create and execute strategy for campaigns that deliver results.
- Digitally native. Strong understanding of digital marketing, previously operated or owned campaigns.
- Inspire and organise groups. Knows how to get our supporters excited for maximum impact.
- Media aware. Intuitive understanding of what appeals to the press and how to tailor messaging.
- Detail orientated manager of tasks. Can manage competing demands and switch focus between tasks, whilst trusted to deliver on all.
- Ability to learn in new environments. Much of what we do hasn’t been done before and will require quick thinking and improvisation.
- Familiar operating in agile and/or early stage environments.
- Confidence in designing and delivering online and offline campaigns.
- Political experience helpful but not essential.
- Experience managing small teams essential.
To apply please provide a short cover letter and a copy of your CV.