About More United
More United is a new movement setting out to transform our politics and build a more positive, more constructive political future for the UK. We use crowdfunding to support candidates and MPs who stand by our progressive values, regardless of what party they are from.
Launching over the summer 2016, More United has grown from nothing to having 70,000 supporters and raising £275,000 in our first crowdfund. We are now in the next phase of the movement. Our ambition is to grow into one of the most significant forces in British politics, and the Digital Communications Strategist will be a huge part of that.
As well as political movement, More United is an agile start up, growing rapidly and constantly creating new ideas. We are committed to equality and welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Summary of role
A unique opportunity to work at the forefront of transforming British politics.
We are looking for a Digital Comms Specialist to create and implement digital comms strategies that build the More United movement across a range of online media. The role includes, attracting new supporters and members, engaging with them meaningfully and delivering More United’s crowdfunding and online fundraising campaigns.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative Digital Communications Specialist who can create and run our online campaigns, spanning social media, web and email. You will be responsible for recruiting new members and supporters, as well as creating two-way communication with our existing community.
You will have excellent communication skills and be highly experienced in online campaigning and fundraising. You will know how to drive and measure business value from online activity, and be able to deliver ROI.
You’ll be able to work as a team, but also take responsibility for managing relationships with agencies, volunteers and other partners.
- Lead, develop and implement digital media campaigns designed to recruit, engage and mobilise More United members and supporters
- Create the strategy for and run More United’s online fundraising campaigns and crowdfunds
- Create digital content across a range of online media, including website, social media and email
- Commission additional digital content as appropriate
- Manage volunteers and stakeholders with experience in digital communications
- Design and manage website projects
- Run social media advertising campaigns to increase awareness
- Manage always-on email communications with members and supporters
- Set up and More United’s crowdfund campaigns
- Manage More United’s membership database
- Proven ability to increase awareness of an organisation
- Demonstrable success in recruiting, activating and retaining supporters
- Experience driving successful online fundraising campaigns and crowdfunds
- Experience of running social media advertising campaigns
- Experience of using CRM and CMS tools
- An understanding of web development and design and previous experience commissioning and overseeing development projects
- Excellent communications and copywriting skills for both web and email
- Understanding of politics in the UK
- A commitment to More United’s values
- Knowledge of photo and video editing software
- Ability to manage membership databases and experience in data analysis and audience segmentation
- Experience working closely with volunteers
- Experience managing productive agency and partner relationships