About More United
More United is a new movement setting out to transform our politics and build a more positive, more constructive political future for the UK. We use crowdfunding to support candidates and MPs who stand by our progressive values, regardless of what party they are from.
Launching over the summer 2016, More United has grown from nothing to having 70,000 supporters and raising £275,000 in our first crowdfund. We are now in the next phase of the movement. Our ambition is to grow into one of the most significant forces in British politics, and the Fundraising Director will be a huge part of that.
As well as political movement, More United is an agile start up, growing rapidly and constantly creating new ideas. We are committed to equality and welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Summary of role
A unique opportunity to work at the forefront of transforming British politics.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Fundraising Director to work at the highest level of More United’s team to lead our major fundraising programme outside our crowdfunding activity.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Fundraising Director to design, lead and implement major fundraising strategies for More United with the aim of financing More United’s operational requirements. Working directly with the Chief Executive and More United’s board, the role will include leading all high-level offline activity, including individuals, corporates and grants.
As a successful candidate, you will have worked at the highest level of fundraising strategy and be able to demonstrate significant successes in increasing major donation income for other organisations. You will be able to run end-to-end fundraising programmes, from identifying prospects and building networks to designing income-generating events and applying for grants.
You will have exceptional communications skills and be able to initiate, develop and maintain excellent relationships with a number of individual and corporate partners. You will be a self-starter, willing to take the initiative and embrace new challenges.
- Develop and lead ambitious and innovative strategies for raising funds for More United
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new partners
- Maintain excellent relations with major donors
- Design fundraising events and opportunities to achieve maximum impact
- Understand the opportunity for grant funding, assess our eligibility and lead first-class applications
- Work to fundraising KPIs
- Demonstrable success in significantly increasing donation income for a non-profit organisation or similar
- Ability to design innovative and creative fundraising strategies to suit a variety of audiences
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to engage at the individual level, as well as large audiences
- Proven experience in creating and growing fundraising networks and managing positive relationships with donors
- Ability to assess requirements for and deliver donations in kind
- A commitment to More United’s values
- Understanding of politics in the UK
- Experience in leading grant applications
- Experience working closely with and managing volunteers to support fundraising and events