By joining More United, you are helping to build the UK’s most transformative political movement.
We are looking for two Campaign Comms Interns to help deliver the campaigns that form the backbone of our movement.
Our attitude is that of a startup: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we are open to new ideas, and we love to learn. If you genuinely enjoy working as part of a team, we recommend you apply!
About More United
More United is working to transform British politics to make it fit for the 21st century. While commentators wring their hands and wonder whether politics can be fixed; we are actually doing it. At More United you will join a team creating the blueprint for a new way to do politics, connecting people and MPs outside the party system to work together in new ways to make Britain more hopeful, positive, and forward thinking.
We bring together MPs from different parties to run campaigns on issues they agree on, using their influence in Parliament to deliver change. At the same time, we enable thousands of people to take action online and offline in support of those campaigns, applying public pressure, volunteering and donating.
In the 24 months since launch, we have recruited over 155k supporters, raised more than £500k and built relationships with over 87 MPs in Parliament.
Now we have big plans to scale.
You will be part of a close-knit team at the forefront of transforming British politics. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets our team apart: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we explore new ideas, and we love to learn. We share our successes and will support you in being the very best you can be.
Your key responsibility will be to support the team to design and deliver successful campaign communications that bring together people and MPs from all parties to make a genuine difference.
This will include:
- Writing compelling copy for campaign materials that drive people to take action
- Turn copy into compelling web pages, keeping these updated with the latest campaign news
- Managing More United’s social media channels, helping design posts and engaging with our online community
- Managing incoming emails from our supporters
- Organising and attending board meetings
- Senior team diary management
If you are a potential candidate, you will have all of the following:
- Excellent written communication skills
- A proven ability to manage projects and juggle different priorities
- A willingness to learn and to work across multiple projects
- An ability to be a team player who's motivated by the success of the organisation as a whole
- The ability to work independently and without supervision. You should enjoy thinking outside the box.
- Proficiency with Excel & Word interest in (or frustration with!) the current state of UK politics and a desire for things to be done differently
- A commitment to cross-party working, though you can be a member of a political party as long as you don’t believe in unnecessary tribalism
You may also have some of the following, or be willing to learn: :
- Experience working with a Content Management System, a CRM system or design software such as Photoshop
- Experience of working within a campaign environment, for example for a charity or as a volunteer
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Parliament
Salary £20,358 (London Living Wage)
Hours: full-time, part-time will be considered
Contract: three - six months
Closing date: 07/01/19
Interviews: Week starting 07/01/19