Communications & Marketing Director
By joining More United, you’ll become part of Britain’s most transformative political movement.
We have a chance to shape the direction of politics in this country forever. Communicating More United’s message effectively to a wide audience, and motivating them to take action, is central to achieving that goal.
We are looking for a Communications & Marketing Director to create and execute a world-class strategy to help our movement grow and have an ever-increasing impact.
About More United
More United is transforming British politics to make it fit for the 21st century. We bring together MPs from different parties who agree with our values to run campaigns together on issues they agree on, using their influence in Parliament and using our cross-party model to deliver change. At the same time, we empower thousands of people to take action online and offline in support of those campaigns, applying public pressure and thereafter volunteering and donating.
In this way, people have a bigger voice and are able to make an impact without having to sign up to the outdated party system.
While commentators wring their hands and wonder whether politics can be fixed, we are actually doing it. At More United, you will join a team creating the blueprint for a new way to do politics that empowers people to make Britain more hopeful, positive and forward thinking.
Since launch, we’ve recruited more than 117k supporters, raised more than £500k and built relationships with more than 80 MPs from five different parties.
Now we have big plans to scale and that’s where you come in.
You will have a lead role within our close-knit team, at the forefront of transforming British politics. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets our team apart: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we explore new ideas, and we love to learn. We share our successes and will support you in being the very best you can be.
You will lead all of More United’s marketing, branding and communications, using your expertise and working with the team to develop and execute a strategy to achieve our objectives. You’ll have the freedom to come up with creative and radical ideas to ensure More
United’s message reaches and motivates people to join us in our mission to transform British politics forever.
The details of the strategy will be led by you in consultation with key team members, but this should include:
- Creating and delivering excellent communications to grow More United’s movement, including:
- Reimagining our narrative and messaging for use as the basis for all communication - web, email, social and PR;
- Designing and executing communications strategies for each of these areas to reach more people and mobilise them into taking action;
- Carrying out audience analysis and using insights to tailor messages;
- Working closely with the Online Community Lead to significantly grow More United’s online movement and recruit supporters for our cause;
- Monitoring and reporting on communications activity to the rest of the team and board, including measuring progress against our objectives.
Supporting More United’s campaigns, working with the team to:
- Design communications strategies for campaigns to ensure they are highly successful in recruiting new supporters, driving people to take action, demonstrating progress and ensuring supporters understand how the campaigns fit into More United’s overall aims;
- Writing compelling copy for all campaign materials, including web, email and social;
- Building a strong network of influencers, particularly activists and campaigners who can work with More United to amplify key issues.
- If you are a potential candidate, you’ll have all of the following:
- Experience in designing and executing successful communications strategies for a variety of media (e.g. social, email, web, PR etc)
- Particular strength in creating successful online campaigns that mobilise existing audiences, recruit new ones and support the wider goals of the organisation;
- The ability to grasp a message quickly and creatively distil it for a variety of audiences through excellent copy and content;
- Experience working with high profile stakeholders and influencers, ideally with an existing activist network;
- A desire to test and learn, listen to feedback and analyse results so you can use what you learn to make improvements;
- Ability to thrive in a team, motivated by the success of the organisation as a whole and a willingness to work across multiple projects even if they are not in your usual area of focus;
- The ability to work independently and without supervision, to spot opportunities and take responsibility for seizing them;
- An ability to work quickly and efficiently, prioritising tasks and seeing them through to completion;
- A good understanding of politics and a willingness to learn more.
You may also have some of the following, which will be a bonus:
- Experience working directly with MPs and/or high profile campaigners;
- Existing relationships with journalists and broadcasters and experience of successfully generating and placing stories in the media;
- Basic design experience, using software such as Photoshop;
- Understanding of Content Management System and CRM systems;
- PR experience;
- Experience of working in a campaign environment, for example for a charity or as a volunteer;
- Experience in working in a startup or agile environment.
If you would like to talk to us before making an application please email email@example.com
Salary £50,000 (commensurate with experience)
Hours: full-time, part-time will be considered
Location: Westminster, London
Closing date for applications: Midnight 4th October 2018
Interviews in early October.
To apply please follow this link, make sure to include in your letter of application examples of your experience in relation to the job description as well as giving us a flavour of who you are.