By joining More United, you’ll become part of Britain’s most transformative political movement.
Our platform is the heart of the More United movement. It’s the first website in the world that brings together people and MPs from different parties to deliver change. We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to lead the agile development of this platform, ensuring it remains cutting edge and focused on delivering the goals of the movement in driving political change.
About More United
More United is transforming British politics to make it fit for the 21st century. We bring together MPs from different parties who agree with our values to run campaigns on issues they agree on, using their influence in Parliament to deliver change. At the same time, we empower thousands of people to take action online and offline in support of those campaigns, applying public pressure, volunteering and donating.
In this way, people have a bigger voice and are able to make an impact without having to sign up to the party system.
While commentators wring their hands and wonder whether politics can be fixed, we are actually doing it. At More United, you will join a team creating the blueprint for a new way to do politics that empowers people to make Britain more hopeful, positive and forward thinking.
Since launch, we’ve recruited more than 130k supporters, raised more than £500k and built relationships with more than 80 MPs from five different parties.
Now we have big plans to scale and that’s where you come in.
You will be part of a close-knit team at the forefront of transforming British politics. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets our team apart: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we explore new ideas; we love to learn. We share our successes and will support you in being the very best you can be.
Your will lead our platform development and have full responsibility for its continued improvement. This will include:
- Working with the team to working with the team to analyse business requirements through user testing and develop/implement solutions
- Constantly improving the functionality and flow of the platform by implementing methods such as A/B testing in order to achieve organisational objectives;
- Instilling a rigorous approach to testing and learning to platform development, using qualitative and quantitative information that is measured and acted upon;
- Ensuring accurate documentation (source code as well as architectural diagrams) and version control;
- Scope out future opportunities that could help achieve our vision and identify the resource needed.
- Take ownership of the technical and hiring roadmap;
You are a potential candidate if the following apply to you:
- You are a lead full-stack developer, or looking to make the transition to lead developer in the near future;
- You are a self-starter and regularly come up with your own ideas that could improve the vision rather than just following instructions;
- You work quickly, logically and efficiently, prioritising tasks and seeing them through to completion;
- You have experience working in a startup or agile environment, bringing products to market quickly and testing and learning as you go;
- You like creating routes for user feedback and using what you learn to make improvements;
- You have an interest in politics (even if you don’t feel you know much about it, though it’s a bonus if you do).
- You have significant experience with Test Driven Development and know what good quality code looks like.
- You understand how code should be abstracted for readability/performance.
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs and JSON and be comfortable with integrating third-party systems via APIs
- You understand the nuances in writing code for mobile and web.
You may also have:
- Experience with Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with iOS/Android development.
If you would like to talk to us before making an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary £38,00 - 45,000 (commensurate with experience)
Hours: full-time, part-time will be considered
Closing date for applications: Midnight 15th October 2018
Interviews are to be held in mid-October.
To apply please follow this link, make sure to include in your letter of application examples of your experience in relation to the job description as well as giving us a flavour of who you are.