By joining More United, you are helping to build the UK’s most transformative political movement.
We are looking for a Campaigns Officer to help run the campaigns that form the backbone of our movement.
Our attitude is that of a startup: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we are open to new ideas, and we love to learn. If you genuinely enjoy working as part of a team, we recommend you apply!
About More United
More United is working to transform British politics to make it fit for the 21st century. While commentators wring their hands and wonder whether politics can be fixed; we are actually doing it. At More United you will join a team creating the blueprint for a new way to do politics, connecting people and MPs outside the party system to work together in new ways to make Britain more hopeful, positive, and forward thinking.
We bring together MPs from different parties to run campaigns on issues they agree on, using their influence in Parliament to deliver change. At the same time, we enable thousands of people to take action online and offline in support of those campaigns, applying public pressure, volunteering and donating.
In the 24 months since launch, we have recruited over 110k supporters, raised more than £500k and built relationships with over 80 MPs in Parliament.
Now we have big plans to scale.
You will be part of a close-knit team and share responsibility for its successes and failures. Identifying improvements and celebrating victories are important - we need your guidance to help us grow, and we will support you as a team.
Your key responsibility will be to support the Campaigns Director to design and deliver successful campaigns that bring together people and MPs from all parties to make a genuine difference.
This will include:
- Researching ideas for new campaigns, demonstrating they have the potential to gain public support and identifying ways to make them successful
- Support the Campaigns Director to develop plans for each campaign, making sure they have the very best chance of success
- Liaising directly with MPs and their teams to plan and execute campaigns
- Writing compelling copy for campaign materials that drive people to take action
- Monitoring and reporting on campaign activity to the rest of the team and board, including measuring progress against our objective
If you are a potential candidate, you will have all of the following:
- Excellent written communication skills
- A proven ability to manage projects and juggle different priorities
- A willingness to learn and to work across multiple projects
- An ability to be a team player who's motivated by the success of the organisation as a whole
- The ability to work independently and without supervision. You should enjoy thinking outside the box.
- Proficiency with Excel & Word interest in (or frustration with!) the current state of UK politics and a desire for things to be done differently
- A commitment to cross-party working, though you can be a member of a political party as long as you don’t believe in unnecessary tribalism
You may also have some of the following, or be willing to learn:
- Experience of working within a campaign environment, for example for a charity or as a volunteer
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Parliament
If you would like to talk to us before making an application please email email@example.com
In order to apply, please include a CV and supporting statement illustrating how your skills and experience are relevant to the job description and person specification
Salary £25,000-£35,000 (commensurate with experience)
Closing date for applications: Midnight 7 September 2018
Interviews in early September.
To apply please follow this link, make sure to include in your letter of application examples of your experience in relation to the job description as well as giving us a flavour of who you are.