By joining More United, you are helping to build the UK’s most transformative political movement.
We have a chance to shape the direction of politics in this country forever. The people within More United’s movement - and those we seek to bring into it in future - have the power to make that happen. We are looking for a media manager to build and grow our media presence, putting the More United movement at the heart of change in British politics.
About More United
More United is transforming British politics to make it fit for the 21st century. We bring together MPs from different parties who agree with our values to run campaigns on issues they agree on, using their influence in Parliament and cross-party working to deliver change. At the same time, we empower thousands of people to take action online and offline in support of those campaigns, applying public pressure and thereafter volunteering and donating.
In this way, people have a bigger voice and are able to make an impact without having to sign up to the outdated party system.
While commentators wring their hands and wonder whether politics can be fixed, we are actually doing it. At More United, you will join a team creating the blueprint for a new way to do politics that empowers people to make Britain more hopeful, positive and forward thinking.
Since launch, 160K people have joined the movement, we have raised more than £500k and built relationships with more than 89 MPs from five different parties.
Now we have big plans to scale and that’s where you come in.
You will be part of a close-knit team at the forefront of transforming British politics. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets our team apart: we are agile; we measure success rigorously; we explore new ideas, and we love to learn. We share our successes and will support you in being the very best you can be.
Your primary responsibility will be to grow and develop More United’s media presence in a way that best delivers our objectives to transform politics. Working with the Comms and Marketing Director you will create and execute a media strategy to deliver results.
We would also hope you are a compelling storyteller, able to produce reams of engaging, fresh copy that can easily be used to create communications packages which lend themselves to video, audio and, occasionally, data visualisation. If you’re not quite there yet but you’re a quick learner that’s OK too.
If you are a potential candidate, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Identify opportunities to promote More United’s work in print and broadcast media through monitoring the news agenda and undertaking research where required.
- Draft media releases and opinion pieces which promote More United’s model for fixing politics and the campaigns which show the difference we are making.
- Lead on developing More United’s relationships with journalists covering political issues in the UK
- Work with the More United team to produce video and audio products for More United’s own communications channels
You may also have some of the following, or be willing to learn:
- At least two years experience working in a role that requires news judgement and direct contact with journalists or politicians
- Strong copywriting
- Forensic proofreading
- Happy working in a small team without constant supervision
- An ability to make complicated issues easier to understand
- A personal commitment to the More United values
- Willingness to represent More United at events outside of normal office hours.
Hours: full-time, part-time will be considered