Updated 14th May 2018
How can you contact us?
Information We Collect
The information we collect from you directly or from third parties with whom we work may include:
- email address,
- telephone number,
- contact preferences,
- bank account details for setting up a regular direct debit,
- credit card details for processing credit card payment
- date of birth, age, and/or gender
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, post, on the phone or in person (i.e., the date, time, and method of contact), details about donations you make to us, events or activities that you register for or attend and any other support you provide to us. We may also collect and record any other relevant information you share with us about yourself, including your interests or your affiliations with other charities, community groups.
In order to ensure that our communication with you is relevant and tailored to your background and interests, we may supplement what we know about you with information that is available to the public. This allows us to better understand your interests, preferences, and level of potential engagement and/or donation so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and to ensure that we do not send you unwanted communications. The information we collect and process about you from publicly-available sources may include demographic information associated with your postcode or your address and an estimate of your age. We may collect this information ourselves or through third-party service providers.
We may also review other information about you that is available to the public through internet searches, subscription services, or public databases (e.g., Companies House, the electoral register, or the land registry), such as information about corporate directorships, shareholdings, published biographic information, employment and earnings, philanthropic interests and networks, charitable giving history and motivations and relevant media coverage, so that we can engage with you in a more personalised way.
Third Party Services
More United uses the NationBuilder platform to organize our community of members, supporters and prospects. You can read more about that company and its features and policies at NationBuilder.com. When you visit www.moreunited.uk, NationBuilder may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets NationBuilder help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through www.moreunited.uk. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of www.moreunited.uk may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. You can read more about how the NationBuilder service interacts with and protects your information at nationbuilder.com/privacy and nationbuilder.com/confidentiality.
More United uses Facebook adverts to promote specific campaigns. Please see this link for information on the data Facebook gathers to allow us to show our campaign adverts to people who may be interested: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
More United uses GoCardless and Stripe to process card and Direct Debit payments, your data will be processed as set out in their privacy policies. GoCardless - https://gocardless.com/legal/privacy Stripe - https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
How We Use Your Information
- We may use your information in a number of ways, including:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To invite you to participate in interactive features on our website;
- To process donations we may receive from you;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- For administrative purposes (for example, we may contact you regarding an event for which you have registered, to provide information requested from us through Supporter Care or with a query regarding a donation you may have made to us);
- For internal record keeping relating to any donations, feedback, or complaints;
- To invite you to participate in voluntary surveys or research;
- To contact you where you have been identified as a contact person for an organisation, such as a school (if we obtain your contact details in this way, we will only use them to contact you in your capacity as a representative of that organisation);
- To analyse and improve the content and operation of our website;
- To analyse and improve our internal business processes;
- To analyse the personal information we collect about you and use publicly available information to better understand your interests, preferences and level of potential donations so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and to ensure that we do not send you unwanted communications;
- To tailor advertising that is presented to you on the Internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics (as described below);
- To direct advertisements and other communications to other people who may have similar interests or other characteristics to yours (as described below);
- To assess your personal information for the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention; and
- Where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
In particular, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner. We may also send you service communications via email or text, for example where you place an order for goods or services on our website, or you have made a donation by text.
If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number, we may send you information about our work or other communications of the kinds described above by direct mail or contact you by telephone unless you have told us that you would prefer not to hear from us in this way. We provide information about how you can change your marketing preferences below.
By providing www.moreunited.uk / More United your email address (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to www.moreunited.uk, etc., on a third party website or network), you consent to our using the email address to send you www.moreunited.uk-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail.
How We Share Your Information
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to www.moreunited.uk, such as user content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy or website customization settings. If you remove information that you posted to www.moreunited.uk, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
How We Protect Your Information
More United cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to More United or guarantee that your information on the service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third-party providers, such as social networks. More United is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from More United, at all times.
Compromise of Personal Information
How can you change your marketing preferences or update the information we hold about you?
We pledge to make it clear and easy for you to choose how you hear from us. If you do not wish us to use your personal data for marketing purposes as outlined above, you can use the relevant box on the online form on which we collect your data to indicate your preference.
You can also change any of your marketing preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes) by:
- Indicating that you do not wish to receive our marketing emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in at the end of our marketing emails;
- Contacting us through our Membership team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to - Membership Team, More United 32 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2DB
If you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will maintain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you for marketing purposes. However, we may still need to contact you for administrative purposes, including (but not limited to):
- Processing a donation you have made and any related Gift Aid;
- Explaining and apologising where we have made a mistake.
Similarly, if your contact details have changed or you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can always update or correct the information we hold about you by contacting us through our Membership team as explained above.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, More United does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for www.moreunited.uk accounts. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on www.moreunited.uk. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
Links to Other Websites
More United 32 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2DB.